In order to apply for a place on the SCITT course, or School Direct routes accredited by the SCITT, all applicants must:
- hold (or expect to gain before the start of the course), at least a Second Class Honours UK recognised degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent. In exceptional cases a candidate with extensive employment in a primary school may be interviewed even if their degree is below a 2:2 classification.
- already hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and mathematics and be able to gain at least a Grade C in science, or equivalent, before the interview processes are finished.
- have gained at least one week’s experience in a British primary school. This experience must be gained before the second stage of our interviews and must have taken place within the last three years.
- demonstrate that they can communicate accurately and effectively in spoken and written Standard English.
- demonstrate the capacity to meet all the required Standards by the end of their training and possess the appropriate personal and intellectual qualities to be teachers.
- pass health and CRB checks and have the physical and mental fitness to teach.
All degree subjects will be considered, including subjects that are not directly linked to a National Curriculum subject.