7 of the Top 10 Primary Schools in Leicestershire (including the TOP 3) are part of the SCITT partnership, offering SCITT student placements and employing SCITT NQTs. (The Real Schools Guide 2018).
The Full Top 10
1. Christ The King Catholic Primary School – Leicester
(67% of the class teachers trained by the SCITT; dedicated SCITT training base on site; Headteacher on the SCITT Management Board; proud to be a key partner school of the SCITT)
2. Northfield House Primary Academy – Leicester
(Part of the highly successful RMET academy trust, proud to be working in close partnership with the SCITT. A headteacher from the trust is part of the SCITT Management Board. The RMET academy trust schools employ a number of SCITT trained NQTs each year))
3. Shenton Primary School – Leicester
(Offers SCITT student placements each year)
4. Frisby Church of England Primary School – Frisby on the Wreake
5. Inglehurst Junior School – Leicester
(Proud to be a SCITT partnership school. Offers student placements each year and employs a number of SCITT trained teachers)
6. Parks Primary School – Leicester
(Winner of the Leicester Mercury `School of The Year’ Award in both 2015 and 2016 – a beacon of excellence in an area of high socio-economic deprivation, achieving excellent SATS results year after year; Over 50% of the classteachers in this outstanding school were trained by the SCITT; All trainees experience working alongside teachers in this school to learn about best practice; proud to be a key partner school of the SCITT, the Headteacher is a member of the SCITT Management Board
7. Holywell Primary School – Loughborough
8. Sandfield Close Primary School – Leicester
(Winner of the National STEM Primary School of the Year 2017 award for its Primary Science. The science subject leader, Sarah Eames, has worked alongside Brian Cox and Tim Peake with her pupils. The SCITT is delighted that Sarah leads science training sessions for all our student teachers in the school’s specialist science rooms.)
9. Dovelands Primary School – Leicester
(The SCITT offices and a training base are on site; over 50% of the classteachers were trained by the SCITT; the school is proud to be part of the exceptional training provided by the SCITT; the Headteacher is part of the SCITT Management Board.)
10. Loughborough Church of England Primary School, Loughborough
Damien Hinds, the Minister of Education, stated in Feb 2018:
`There can be no great schools without great teachers…to motivate children, to make knowledge meaningful, to inspire curiosity. The quality of teaching matters more than anything else; and it matters even more for disadvantaged pupils.’
The SCITT partnership of schools whole-heartedly agrees with this statement and knows great schools are needed to train great teachers.
With more than 50% of the class teachers currently teaching in 3 of the top 10 primary schools in Leicestershire having been trained by the SCITT, the partnership has strong evidence of the very positive impact the SCITT programmes and teachers are having on children in Leicester and Leicestershire Schools and beyond.
The SCITT partnership schools want to recruit and train more teachers for our partnership and beyond. Contact us now for further details/advice or apply through UCAS!
The Good Teacher Training guide 2017
According to the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017, The Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT is ranked 5th in the Top Ten primary ITT providers NATIONALLY. It is the `best’ primary training provider in the East Midlands!
Why train with the Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT?
- Consistently ranked in the government NQT survey in the TOP 5 Initial Teacher Training providers
- Consistently ranked in the Top 10 ITT providers nationally ( in annual `Good Teacher Training Guides’)
- Full PGCE, with masters credits, awarded as part of the course
- OFSTED grade `Outstanding’ in all inspections since 2009
- 100% employment of trainees gaining QTS in the last 3 years
- EVERY trainee ever trained in the SCITT has rated the overall quality as training as `good’ or better (more than 95% of trainees have graded the quality of training as `very good’).
Thinking about primary teacher training in Leicester? Visit our Facebook page to read reviews and see videos from current SCITT trainees and teachers, regarding their experiences on the SCITT.
Phone the SCITT (0116 254 3187) for friendly, informal advice and support or to ask to meet one of trainees or SCITT trained teachers.
Graduate Learning Support Assistants
If you are not sure if you are ready to commit to postgraduate teacher training just yet, the SCITT family of schools are always interested in recruiting graduates as Learning Support Assistants. This could be an ideal opportunity to find out if teaching is for you, whilst earning money and using your life to make a positive difference to children’s lives.
Email the SCITT if you are a graduate interested in employment as a member of support staff in one of the SCITT’s 70 partnership schools.