Make the very best start to your teaching career by contacting or visiting the SCITT to find out why we are consistently rated the TOP primary Initial Teacher Training provider in the East Midlands (The Good Teacher Training Guide). OFSTED outstanding since 2009, we offer high quality support to potential applicants from the very outset. We give individualised advice and tailored support to all potential applicants including:
- informal drop in sessions in term time (Fridays 19/01/18, 02/02/18, 23/02/18)
- Workshops on `Understanding Pupil Learning’ designed to support applicants in preparing for interviews and reflecting more deeply on their experiences in schools (10/01/18, 02/02/18, 21/02/18)
- Open evenings in Dovelands School and other partner Schools. (11/01/18, 15/01/18, 08/02/18, 26/02/18)
- Open afternoons in schools, to spend time observing teachers at work with pupils (11/01/18, 22/01/18)
- School experience opportunities, with expert teachers, focused on developing applicants’ skills in reflecting first hand on the rewards, skills and challenges of teaching and whether this is the right career for them. (arranged individually with potential applicants and schools)
Visit our Facebook events https://www.facebook.com/pg/LeicsSCITT/events for further details and bookings to all above events. Alternatively, email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or phone the SCITT (0116 254 3187) to access expert advice and find out your best next steps to becoming the teacher you want to be!.
Our School Direct routes are run in partnership with FOUR National Teaching School alliances:
- Oadby Launde Partnership (OLP) Teaching School Alliance;
- Syston and Thurmaston Educational Partnership (STEP) Teaching School alliance;
- Ash Field Academy Teaching School alliance (Special Education);
- Abbey Teaching School;
- Christ the King RC School partnership (a faith based partnership of schools).
All these SD alliances are able to welcome visits from interested applicants, arranged through the SCITT.