According to the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017, The Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT is ranked 5th in the Top Ten primary ITT providers NATIONALLY. It is the `best’ primary training provider in the East Midlands!
The Good Teacher Training Guide 2017, used by the government to inform policy, also states:
`Teachers trained in schools are more likely to become teachers than those trained in universities. Ninety per cent of the final-year trainees from school-centred teacher training entered teaching compared with 79% from university postgraduate courses and 74% from undergraduate courses. There were no universities among the 17 providers where all final-year trainees became teachers.’
Why train with the Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT?
- Consistently ranked in the government NQT survey in the TOP 5 Initial Teacher Training providers
- Consistently ranked in the Top 10 ITT providers nationally ( in annual `Good Teacher Training Guides’)
- Full PGCE, with masters credits, awarded as part of the course
- OFSTED grade `Outstanding’ in all inspections since 2009
- 100% employment of trainees gaining QTS in the last 3 years
- EVERY trainee ever trained in the SCITT has rated the overall quality as training as `good’ or better (more than 95% of trainees have graded the quality of training as `very good’).
Thinking about primary teacher training in Leicester? Phone the SCITT (0116 254 3187) for friendly, informal advice and support or to ask to meet one of trainees or SCITT trained teachers.