According to the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017…
`8 out of 10 of the Top Initial Teacher Training Providers in England are SCITTs and only two are Universities ‘
`Teachers trained in schools are more likely to become teachers than those trained in universities. Ninety per cent of the final-year trainees from school-centred teacher training entered teaching compared with 79% from university postgraduate courses and 74% from undergraduate courses. There were no universities among the 17 providers where all final-year trainees became teachers.’
In 2017 The Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT are once again in the Top 10 ITT providers, out of approx 200 HEI and SCITT providers natoinwide!
Why train with the Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT
- Consistently ranked in the government NQT survey in the TOP 5 Initial Teacher Training providers
- Consistently ranked in the Top 10 ITT providers nationally ( in annual `Good Teacher Training Guides’)
- OFSTED grade `Outstanding’ in all inspections since 2009
- 100% employment of trainees gaining QTS in the last 3 years
- EVERY trainee ever trained in the SCITT has rated the overall quality as training as `good’ or better (more than 95% of trainees have graded the quality of training as `very good’).
Thinking about primary teacher training in Leicester? Phone the SCITT (0116 254 3187) for friendly, informal advice and support or to ask to meet one of trainees or SCITT trained teachers.